Work from Anywhere, Mail from Anywhere
Updated on July 30, 2019
The gig economy and decentralization of the work force are in the news these days. With 3.9 million people in the US working from home at least half the week,* it seems a growing number in the workforce prefer to set their own schedules. Another motivation behind this trend, especially among millennials, is to cut down on vehicle use.
Using DocuSend is one more way to do both.
Skip the run for printing and mailing supplies and cut that trip to the post office out of your schedule.
Some (obvious) benefits of less driving time:
- It reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- It makes cars last longer. (Self-driving cars are set to revolutionize taxi and car rental services as well as ride-sharing, so some drivers are deciding to hold off on buying a new car until they see which way the wind blows.)
- It cuts down on the stress of driving.
- It reduces the probability of car accidents.
- And of course, it saves money and time.
Something you may not know is that when you upload to DocuSend and your mailings go to the US Postal Service, they are going to an environmentally minded organization.
Over 74,000 letter carriers drive to neighborhoods and then deliver the mail on foot, and about 7,000 deliver solely on foot. Some mail is delivered by bicycle or electric vehicle. And the postal service has achieved a 23.9% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions since 2008. The USPS operates a fleet of nearly 48,000 alternative fuel-capable vehicles, most of which are equipped to use ethanol, and their National Recycling Operation uses their existing transportation network to backhaul recyclables from post offices to central collection points.**
DocuSend is ideal for people working from home. Here’s why:
- With no minimum quantity, invoicing can be done any day—or even every day.
- You'll never again have to rush to get things in the mail before the carrier comes or to make it to the post office before it closes.
- And of course, it saves money and time—when you add up the cost of the paper, envelope, ink, and printer operation, along with the time to fold, stuff, seal, and apply a stamp, the cost of mailing an invoice through DocuSend is less than if you do it yourself.
Odds are, you’ve already taken advantage of today’s technology to get some work done wherever you happen to be.
Now you can mail your critical communications while on vacation or business trips—from anywhere in the world.
If you can access the internet, you can use US mail delivery via DocuSend. This is not about being a workaholic who never wants to take a real vacation. Many people who work from home own their own business, and for most owners, it’s about being able to get away at all!
Now, timely mailing doesn’t have to tie you to your office.
In many cases, mail sent across international borders does not arrive at its destination with anywhere near the reliability of mailing within the country. And then there’s the cost. If it’s important enough to send from outside the US, you probably need to track it all the way to delivery, which gets expensive. DocuSend is as reliable and secure as mailing it from your office, and you can even send your mail certified, unlike from a foreign post office.
Attention, expats: Here is the solution you’ve been looking for to send mail from any foreign country and have it reliably enter the US postal system!
So, you feel good about using less fuel, and you enjoy the freedom and flexibility of working from home. Now free yourself up even more—don't stick around to stuff envelopes and get them in the mail.